MEETING SAFELY AT MOHEGAN SUN POCONO
We're ready to help you stay safe and on schedule
With the health and safety being the top priority for all our team members and guests, we will continue to work with the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and PA Department of Health to monitor updates of health and safety guidelines, evaluate, and make necessary changes appropriate to our protocols and procedures with their guidance.
What makes Mohegan Sun Pocono uniquely positioned to handle your event during this time?
As your partner in meetings and events we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our team members and guests. As we navigate these uncharted waters together with global travel restrictions and extra attention to prevention we too understand that the show must go on, with some changes to what was our norm. We are here to assist you to keep your meeting objectives and ensure the success of your events. Our world during this time is constantly evolving. As it evolves, we will adjust this framework as we move forward. We are in this together, navigating the future of meetings and events.
Precautions For Your Group
MANDATORY FACE MASKS
Banquet team members will have PPE and sanitize during set up, refreshes and all catered events.
MAINTAINING A SAFE DISTANCE
Capacity charts and meeting sets to allow for room layouts with physical distancing based on availability.
Group registration to have queue with 6’ markers on floor or stanchion for physical distancing.
HAVE GOOD CLEAN FUN
Hand Sanitation Purell stations throughout property including the convention center.
Disinfecting of conference rooms overnight before events, and during group breaks as time allows with disinfecting spray and/or foggers.
Frequent common space sanitation of high contact surfaces including but not limited to restrooms, door handles, escalator hand rails, elevator buttons, sitting area sanitizing (chairs and tables).
Sanitation of shared AV Equipment between speakers.
Audio Visual – we realize that some people will not be able to attend due to personal circumstances and concerns over COVID-19. Our in-house Audio Visual team provides solutions to facilitate a virtual event component as part of your event that includes:
Video Conferencing: Two-way real time communication.
Webcasting & Recording: Broadcast to a large, dispersed audience.
Simultaneous Interpretation: Interpretive services so presenters and attendees understand each other in real time.
Hybrid Events and more.
- Pre-Function space with one-way entry and exit lanes with signage in the form of floor clings and poster boards.
- Multiple registration areas with staggered arrivals of attendees to reduce bottlenecks at elevators and time spent in lines.
- Breakout rooms will be set for physical distancing, if needed attendees could also attend breakouts virtually from their guestrooms.
- When group returns to General Session room for dinner the existing stage may be utilized for awards presentation, speakers or entertainment.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING ADAPTED BANQUET MENUS
All food & beverage functions will be set up with physical distancing spacing where ever a queue may occur. Special menus are available to assist in planning catered events during COVID-19.
- Breakfast Options
- Coffee Breaks
- Lunch Options
- Reception & Dinner Options
PRECAUTIONS & OPTIONS FOR DINING
- Open restaurants will reduce seating to allow for physical distancing during dining.
- Alcoholic beverage service is limited to sit-down meals only.
- Sanitation throughout restaurants is ongoing, including tables and chairs between uses.
- Takeout available
- Single use menus or multiple use menus disinfected after each use.
- Condiments to be served in single use containers.
- Check presenters disinfected after each use.
- Tables not set until guest arrival.
- Smoking will not be permitted indoors at this time.
- Multiple dining stations for buffet dining options.
- Color coded meal cards provided for plated meals to expedite entree choice.
TRADE AND CONSUMER SHOWS
- Larger aisles with one-way foot traffic.
- Extra spacing between vendor booths or 6'-8' drape dividers between booths.
- Standing / Engagement Zone stickers on floor in front of each booth.
- Multiple sanitation stations set in the aisles – to be placed at the beginning and end of each aisle and any cross aisles as available.
- Signage reminding of CDC recommended guidelines to be placed throughout all common spaces.
- Monitor number of guests in restrooms to allow for regular sanitization or periodically close a restroom for this purpose.
- Vendors will be limited to a two person limit per 10' x 10' booth.
Thermal Temperature Scans
All Mohegan Sun team members and guests to be thermal temperature scanned on arrival at all entrances.
Any guest or team member that has a temperature of 100.2 degrees or higher will be asked to go through the thermal scan a second time to confirm. If they are confirmed to have a fever they will not be allowed entry to the property and will be reminded to follow up with their health care provider.
Precautions For Your Hotel Stay
When You Arrive
Luggage drop-off location available for hotel guests prior to self-park.
For guests choosing to utilize the Front Desk, floor clings in 6’ intervals will provide appropriate physical distancing and every other workstation will be available.
All Hotel keys will be disinfected before given to guests at the time of check-in.
Hotel rooms will be cleaned and disinfected prior to guests’ arrival using fog and/or spray disinfectant including on all soft surfaces.
During Your Stay
Bell carts will be disinfected after each use.
Hand sanitizer stations will be placed near elevator landings on each floor.
High touch points will be disinfected frequently.
Turndown service has been temporarily discontinued.
Extra blankets and pillows available by request only.
To Keep You Safe
Turndown service has been temporarily discontinued.
Glassware and Mugs replaced with disposable alternatives in guestrooms.
Express check-out available via key drop box. Receipts will be emailed.
Elevators are limited to 2 guests to keep spacing.
Pool and gyms will be temporarily unavailable.